Ad Sense

Friday, June 20, 2014

Sand, Geese and Still Better Than Work

My ability to turn a birdie into a bogie and a par into a double bogie       is nothing short of mediocre. I haven't been able to be out on the links for a few months, so I was happy to squeeze in a round. 

The weather was OK, in the high 60's, and a bit windy, and I was happy to take a whack at that little white dimpled ball. The greens were being aerated so there was a few alternate greens and sand all over the most of the others. It was a bit like putting on the beach with a few less dunes. I suppose I can use that as my excuse for turning so many opportunities for par putts into bogies and double bogies. 

The course is located next to a park that borders several holes on the back nine. Apparently a small flock of geese decided to make the park their home. I love nature and all, but, the sounds of geese honking while you are teeing off can be a bit annoying. Remarkably they seemed to honk just as I started on my back swing! I don't notice any rules prohibiting a gun in your bag...

I did decide to make a purchase after this little day on the beach. It wasn't a gun nor was it a shovel and I am happy with my current sand wedge. That will be another post.

Partner(s): 3 ( Very nice gentlemen who played with a nice pace)
Course: 1
Weather: 2
Number of good shots: 12
Total = 18

No comments:

Post a Comment