Ad Sense

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Better Than Work

Yesterday was the first time I was able to get out and golf in way too long! The weather was awesome here in SoCal. My condolences to those of you who live in a climate where golfing would of required airfare. Which leads me to my playing partners, one of which was from the mid-west and getting in a round this time of year can involve many layers of clothing if the course is open.

I had just enough time to hit a half of bucket of balls, which was good because I was a bit rusty and no one likes to hit a worm burner on the first hole. So when I pulled it to the left and accidentally cut the dog leg out I was pretty happy. It's better to be lucky than good, right?

I had a modest goal of first playing under double bogey ball and second being breaking one hundred. As is my custom I had two blow up holes where I just could find the cup. I saw a great post with the Dos Equis most interesting man in the world. the caption was, "I don't always get on in two, but when I do I make sure and three putt." I kept to the creed and turned a few birdies into bogeys. In the end I played under double bogey ball but didn't quite break one hundred.

Now for the Better Than Work Score (see early post):
Partner(s):  3
Course:  3
Weather:  3
Number of good shots:  12
Total = 21

All and all it was a great day of golf!

1 comment:

  1. It's better to be lucky than good - I totally agree with you there! It's nice that you're still finding time to play the ultimate stress-relief sport out there. I can't say the same for myself though. My foot problems hinder me from playing without renting a cart. Anyways, I've also read the post about playing golf with your son, and kudos to you for finding time to do some golf bonding with him. Good luck on your next swing!

    Jay @ apluscarts.com

    ReplyDelete