Ad Sense

Saturday, July 6, 2013

FATHER AND SON TIME, BETTER THAN WORK OR SCHOOL

This my friends is what life is all about! I've been looking forward to this moment for awhile now. Yesterday, my youngest son and I went golfing and it was great! The day was beautiful, mid 70s and a slight ocean breeze. The Sea Aire Golf Course in Torrance is a short little pitch and putt that is good for young golfers who can take their time trying to figure things out and it is an excellent place to work on your short game.

I've been trying out the Callaway Warbird 2-piece golf balls. I tried them because I am not a scratch golfer and I don't need balls that will spin. The last thing I need is balls that will increase my slice or hook! I could use a little extra distance though. I normally hit about 50 some odd yards with my 560 wedge. I tried to move my hands quicker through the middle of my swing and I hit it over the fence into somebodies house at least 80 yards. I can't wait to try it on a regulation course with my driver and 3-wood. 

Back to my son. A few years ago he participated in the LA County Junior Golf program. We bought him a set of clubs and he's only used them a few times so it was nice that they still fit him, especially since he's a lefty. The first few holes were a bit rough but he worked his way through it all and started to make a few good shots that he was really happy with. You know that feeling when you hit the ball just right? It sounds good, feels good and looks good. That's what make you come back for more. That's what I saw in his eyes and the little fist pump with a smile. 

Now for the Better Than Work Scores! For my son I will call it the Better Than School Score

My sonBetter Than School Score
Partner:                                      3
Course:                                      2
Total number of good shots:     5
Weather:                                    2
Total Score =                           12

My Score: Better Than Work Score
Partner:                                      3
Course:                                      2
Total number of good shots:    10
Weather:                                    3
Total Score =                           18

All in all it was a great day on the little links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment