Ad Sense

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Farewell to the Shamrocks

It was about twenty years ago I decided it was time to move up from the entry level of clubs I had been using. I went to a place in Pasadena that I am not sure even still exists. I think it was called Shamrock golf. The staff was helpful and let me try several different iron sets.  I ended up with a set of their own set with graphite shafts. I used those "Shamrock cavity backed irons" up till today. I regripped them once with Ping whites.  They have served me well. But, it's time to pass them down to my son and buy some news ones for myself. 

My wife used to work at a medical equipment distributor in town and they had a little 3 par company tournament. I was paired with
the President of the company which made my wife nervous because she is never sure of what's going to come out of my mouth.  We ended up winning and I was closest to the hole on one of the prize holes and won a nice hat. It was a nine iron if my memory serves me right. 

After my youngest pair of kids were born I didn't get much golf in for a few years but every time I was able to get out the course those irons were there ready to take a shellacking as I hacked my way around the course. And as I have been able to get out on links and hook and slice my way around they just keep going. Now as my youngest son is able to go out with me on the smaller courses I think they will nurture him along.  

No comments:

Post a Comment