Ad Sense

Monday, November 26, 2012

Putting around the house. Any suggestions?

What I wish I had in my back yard.
Although I don't get to go out and golf as much as I want and don't shoot as low as I would like I do try to practice when I can. I see my golf game using three swings. One for driving, one for irons and one "swing" for putting. Putting is the one thing I can practice in any weather. 


I think putting is maybe the most important, yet overlooked stroke. I don't know where I heard it first but someone said, "You drive for show, and put for dough." I must admit they it isn't always the 4 or 5 strokes it may take me to get on the green sometimes on a 5 par hole, but it is the 3 or 4 puts when I get there that kills me! Usually it is a distance issue. You know, trying to get that first put close to the hole. 

I have found that taking a few balls and hitting them around the house can help me get a basic feel for distance. I like to go back and forth from  one side to the other and then take shorter lengths to get the feel for different distances. Then I least have a bit of confidence in my stroke. Always important.

What I would really like is to hear your practice tips that are doable and helpful. Please leave them in the comment section.
Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment